Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program (136 Hours) IDPH Program Code NA-7056
Click on CLASS SCHEDULE(s) for upcoming classes.
Individuals applying for admission into the program must comply with the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must have completed high school education or its equivalent, or
- Pass the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) test administered during application
- Submit a completed health-physical form that documents immunity for mumps, measles, varicella, diphtheria, tetanus, tuberculosis, and hepatitis B (or waiver)
- Submit to the required criminal background check (with fingerprints, if needed) and results must show no disqualifying convictions
- Be able to handle the job responsibilities and tasks assigned in the profession, specifically:
1. Perform a full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
2. Bend, reach, pull, push, stoop, and walk repeatedly throughout an eight (8) hour period.
3. Lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
4. Demonstrate visual and auditory acuity within the normal range (with correction if needed).
5. Maintain composure when subjected to high stress levels.
6. Adapt effectively to environments with high tension to ensure patient safety.
7. Adapt to irregular working hours.
8. Respond quickly and in an emotionally controlled manner during emergency situations.
9. Communicate in a rational and coherent manner both in oral and written with individuals of all professions and social levels.